Highland Park Cemetery Mausoleum Improvements
This LEED-CI Silver project touched every surface in the building, all while maintaining the sanctity of the crypt while work was completed. A few of the many aspects of this project:
- Complete update of all incoming services, including a new 1,800' water service and new electrical service.
- Full waterproofing of the entire foundation and basement walls
- Complete masonry restoration of the entire building exterior, including full tuck pointing, rebuilding of significant portions of the granite facade, tear-down and rebuild of the failing retaining wall, waterproofing and significant areas of lintel replacement.
- Complete new interior insulation and air seal of the office and common areas of the building.
- All exterior walls were furred, insulated and drywalled and all interior walls were rebuilt with new gypsum plaster, replicating the original wall finish.
- Completely new high-efficiency aluminum windows with lead caming to replicate the original leaded glass.
- Completely new high efficiency mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Complete restoration of the interior of the chapel including the existing oak trusses and ceiling, slate floor, oak altar rails and lectern and the hand-carved decorative surround on the casket lift.
- Restoration and re-use of all salvageable doors and trim throughout the building.
- Replacement of all of the deteriorated marble as well as complete polishing of the marble floors.
- Restoration of the historical bronze doors.